Joined: Aug 2003
Friday February 20, 2009 8:22 AM
1. Date of injury is in 2000. Accepted injury.
2. Applicant has a basic orthopedic injury.
3. A transportation company drives applicant to and from medical appointments . Mostly the chiropractor and accupuncturist.
4. The lien/ bill is $ 5,000. It includes various charges like waiting time, administrative fees, mileage at $3.5 per miles etc.
5. The transportation company is now out of business. They were an LLC before. Now another group is trying to collect for the transportation company.
1. Are there any cases or labor codes that allow the transportation company to collect beyond teh statutory mileage rate on this type of lien?
Any posting herein is NOT legal advice. It also does NOT create and attorney-client- relationship.